Thursday, January 17, 2013

Famous Writers


Routine Writers
I only write when I am inspired. Fortunately I am inspired at 9 o’clock every morning. ~William Faulkner
And I’m a slow writer: five, six hundred words is a good day. That’s the reason it took me 20 years to write those million and a half words of the Civil War. ~Shelby Foote
I set myself 600 words a day as a minimum output, regardless of the weather, my state of mind or if I’m sick or well. ~Arthur Hailey
All through my career I’ve written 1,000 words a day—even if I’ve got a hangover. You’ve got to discipline yourself if you’re professional. There’s no other way. ~J.G. Ballard
I write 2,000 words a day when I write. It sometimes takes three hours, it sometimes takes five. ~Nicholas Sparks
I have to get into a sort of zone. It has something to do with an inability to concentrate, which is the absolute bottom line of writing. ~Stephen Fry
Close the door. Write with no one looking over your shoulder. Don’t try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It’s the one and only thing you have to offer. ~Barbara Kingsolver

- From Tumblr 

No comments:

Post a Comment