Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hello!

Hi everyone, this is the first post of the blog, honestly I am terrified, so I hope this doesn't disappoint!

About me and my work -

I am currently 17 years old, and a student, in year twelve next year, (yes I am terrified), but I am also an young author with one book published, The Order's Experiments. It isn't bad, for my first try at this gig not to mention my age, I'm pretty happy, but one day I hope to release a second addition, which I can really be proud of.

I started writing it when I was thirteen and published it halfway through this year when I was seventeen, I have no doubts my style will grow and change from here on out too, so hopefully there's still a lot more still to come. I write poetry, novels, short stories and am hoping to write some plays too, I am doing Drama next year to help with that.

I also love reading, archery, bush walking, snorkeling, some embarrassing TV shows (yeah, like you only like the good ones), and drawing. If you met me in the streets you would probably think I am mad, as I often take my characters around with me in my head and talk aloud as I play out scenes from my work in my mind, though I am told many authors do this so I am not seeking therapy yet. Although I may need it on account of my obsession with journals and pens, but that isn't going to happen either. Making homemade journals is another hobby I might take up, I have made two before, and my latest one is pretty cool, so that might be fun.

I am a firm believer in Einstein's quote - 'Imagination id more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world.' - however am fascinated by much of the knowledge that's put there in the world, knowledge, thoughts and ideas. I believe the world is full of potential geniuses too, and can't wait to get out and meet them.

In this blog -

I hope to explore ideas on writing, and other topics of interest, in the hope of being liked, challenged and debated. Let me know what you think of my work, I welcome criticism as wall as praise from anyone, and I hope you like my blog!

- Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment