Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Inspired Eyes of Simple


In morning glow
the breeze of mind
clean as new paper, 
her eye.

Through the window see
through the window blind
inspired eye of a mind.

Inken shapes swim
through the emptiness white
whale’s song echos
through music of mind.

In tunnels of dreams
and colours of mind
creatures from deeper
glow strangest true.

Perspective simple
in dance of mind
and simple inspire
from lullabies.

Whispers from shadows
glow within shadows
in new light river
the stones of eye.

Her eyes see simple
yet eyes are far from
in simplest feeling
reflections inspire.


Written 2010 in an english classroom, to me this is the first real poem I ever wrote, I was completely focused and scribbling so quick. This poem was seen by a poet-in-residence at my school who then helped me put together my first anthology, A Castle in the Mirror. It was a complete chance. Poetry is still going strong in many literary circles, so don't ignore it!

No comments:

Post a Comment