Monday, February 11, 2013

Reading Warnings


Picture Source

Whenever I'm uncertain about what to post next on this blog I always remember something fantastic I found elsewhere, and presto! 

All writers know that to write you have to read, and the more you pay attention to what you read and the more you absorb and use to cultivate your mind, the better your writing will become. Personally, I love the train, my 55 minute commute is great for reading!

I recently, at the advice of my wonderful teacher, read White Horse, fantastic book, and I most certainly recommend it, for ideas on women, humanity, post apocalyptic ideas and for anyone looking at wring examples that use the flash back, flash forward techniques, analepsis and prolepsis.

Also, no writer could ever be their best without looking at classical writing. By that I primarily mean the Odyssey and its kind. I'm re-reading it now for Classics, and it truly is one of the greatest pieces of story work ever, and imperative to understanding modern work. Remember, JK Rowling studied classics!

Anyway, that aside, reading is fun! Especially when you're lost to reality. 

Happy reading!

1 comment: